It’s hard to believe it’s already mid-2014. The time sure has flown by. And by flown I mean dragged. And by dragged I mean, “Holy trolley-horse poop, these have been the longest years of my life.”
I started this blog back in 2010. It was a different time then. But a lot has changed: Fantasyland has grown. The Magic Kingdom is gaining a ride. Ke$ha has lost her dollar sign. Even blogging today is different.
So when the imagineers helped me move my blog from the old server to this new one, they also made some “enhancements” to my blogging platform.
Gone are the old-fashioned days of typing in a username and password to log in. Not anymore! No, sir. Now, I have a MagicBand band. So whenever I want to blog, all I have to do is:
- create a MyDisneyBlogExperience account
- download the MyDisneySmartphoneBloggingAppExperience app
- log into the MyDisneySmartphoneBloggingAppExperience app using my MyDisneyBlogExperience username and password
- link the MyDisneyBlogExperience account to my MagicBand band
- call up the MyMagicalTechSupportExperience+ techs to find out why I’m getting someone else’s blog posts in my account
- start all over and repeat the process until it works
- find the missing page of the Substitutiary Locomotion spell
- recite the spell inside the park while launching the app and twisting my MagicBand band smartly a quarter turn to the left
- and voila!
See? So much simpler.
The new system even makes it easier to write the blogs themselves. Before, I had to think of something to write and write it. With the new MyDisneyBlogExperience+, though, I get to select from one of 3 conveniently predetermined blog topics. As long as I make my selection 6 months before the post date and don’t try to write two blogs within the same category of posts, the system takes care of the rest!
Well, I still have to write the post, of course. But the system takes care of all that pesky deciding and spontaneity. I’ll never have to experience things in the moment ever again.
Man. How did we live before we had all this technology?